Explore with this PRIVATE one full day trip from Athens to Olympia the place were the first Olympic Games born. Depart from your hotel for one day tour via the coastal National highway for the Corinth canal. Stop for photos.
After the Corinth Canal we will continue our trip to Olympia.
Olympia is a small town in Elis on the Peloponnese peninsula in Greece, famous for the nearby archaeological site of the same name, which was a major Panhellenic religious sanctuary of ancient Greece, where the ancient Olympic Games were held. The site was primarily dedicated to Zeus and drew visitors from all over the Greek world as one of a group of such “Panhellenic” centres which helped to build the identity of the ancient Greeks as a nation. Despite the name, it is nowhere near Mount Olympus in northern Greece, where the Twelve Olympians, the major deities of Ancient Greek religion, were believed to live.
The Olympic Games were held every four years throughout Classical antiquity, from the 8th century BC to the 4th century AD.
The archaeological site held over 70 significant buildings, and ruins of many of these survive until our days. The site is a major tourist attraction, and has two museums, one devoted to the ancient and modern games.
- Short stop at the Corinth Canal for photos
- Temple of Zeus
- Temple of Hera
- Crypt (arched way to the stadium)
- Archeological museum of Olympia
- Transport by luxury A/C Mercedes mini van
- COVID free sanitized vehicles
- Pick up and drop off service
- Services of a Professional and licensed English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Entrance fees
- The private tour is operating from 2 people (adults) and more.
- Pick up around 08:00 / return around 21:00
- English or French speaking guide at your disposal for an extra cost of 130€ (kindly inform us if you wish to have guide in another language).