If you are interested in religious tours, this tour is the perfect choice for you. Exclusively with our tour you will have the opportunity to discover two must-see sights on this memorable day trip from Athens. You’ll explore Ancient Corinth & Daphni’s Monastery.
After your morning pick up from your central located hotel, the bus will drive to Corinth via Iera Odos (the Sacred Way). It was so called because it was the route taken by a procession celebrating the Eleusinian Mysteries, were initiations held every year for the cult of Demeter and Persephone based at Eleusis in ancient Greece.
Driving along the coastal road, we reach Corinth canal, which merges the Aegean with the Ionian Sea (short stop for photos of the breathtaking view). Shortly thereafter we reach the ancient town of Corinth, where St. Paul lived and preached for two years (Acts 18:1-18). Visit the ruins of the ancient city where Paul worked with Aquila and Priscilla, see the remains of the first century shops, the Agora where Paul’s trial by Gallio took place, the Fountain of Peirene, and one of the most outstanding monuments of pre –Roman period, the temple of Apollo.
- Discover two must-see sights
- Participate on a religious tour
- Admire a World Heritage site
- See the famous Corinth canal
- Visit the ruins of Ancient Corinth
- Professional licenced English speaking driver
- Transportation by luxury A/C Mercedes mini van
- COVID free sanitized vehicles
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- The private tour is operating from 2 people (adults) and more.
- Pick up around 08:00 / return around 14:00
- English or French speaking guide at your disposal for an extra cost of 130€ (kindly inform us if you wish to have guide in another language).