Do not miss the opportunity with this two day tour from Athens to see and visit the majestic Meteora grey rocks and its cliff-top monasteries.
The first day you will arrive at Delphi around noon. Famous for its theater, Temple of Apollo and ancient ruins, Delphi was considered the center of the earth and the universe, and played a central role in the classical Greek world. Visit at the archaeological site and the TEMPLE of APOLLO famous for its oracle. In the afternoon after lunch depart through Central Greece and the cities of Lamia (short stop), Trikala crossing the Thessalian plain, to Kalambaka (a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries (short stop for souvenirs). Overnight stay in Kalambaka.
The second day leave in the morning for nearby Meteora for a tour of the cliff-top monasteries to visit two different BYZANTINE MONASTERIES* built on top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful area of mainland Greece, and its monasteries are one of the country’s most unique attractions. By your return you may visit optional a factory of Byzantine style icons. Return to Athens passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas king of Sparta in THERMOPYLAE (short stop for photos).
The tour returns to Athens in the late afternoon
* Normaly we are visiting Great Meteoro Monastery and St. Stefanos. Every Tue. we are visiting instead of Great Meteoro, Varlaam monastery.
- Entrance at Delphi archaelogical site
- Visit temple of Apollo
- Two Meteora Byzantine Monasteries
- Great Meteoro monastery
- Monument of King Leonidas of Sparta
- Entrance fees
- Transport by luxury bus
- Services of a Professional and Licensed guide
- Breakfast and dinner
- Hotel accomodation based on your choice (First class or Tourist class)
- Visit of Delphi museum is not included
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Gratuites (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveller the single supplement option has to be chosen. Please note that from 1/1/2018, a new hotel accommodation tax will be applied and paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels – 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels – 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels – 1.5 Euro per room/per night.