Explore with this 2 day trip from Athens the first capital of modern Greece, Nafplio. Enjoy strolling around the old town, have a coffee beside the sea viewing the Bourtzi islet. In addition you will have the opportunity to visit two UNESCO’S world heritage monuments.
1st DAY: Depart for the CORINTH CANAL and then on to visit the archaeological site of MYCENAE and the tomb of Agamemnon. Proceed to NAUPLIA. Afternoon free for a visit to the Venetian fortress of PALAMIDI crowning the city or alternatively go swimming. Also you can have an optional visit to NATIONAL GALLERY – NAFPION ANNEX. The ANNEX of the National Gallery in Nafplion is housed in a historical building and has a permanent collection comprising works inspired from the Greek War of independence. Overnight stay in Nauplia.
2nd DAY: Morning free for a walk to the old city with its neoclassic houses and picturesque streets. Furthermore you can visit PELOPONNESIAN FOLKLORE FOUNDATION “V. PAPANTONIOU” MUSEUM, which was founded in 1974, and received in 1981 the European Museum of the year Award. The 1st and 2nd floor now houses the new permanent exhibition “Urban Greece” mainly referring to the town of Nafplion and its surrounding area during the 19th and 20th c. Around noon depart, for EPIDAURUS to visit the ancient theatre. In the afternoon return to Athens.
- Short stop at the Corinth Canal
- Guided tour in Mycenae
- Entrance to Epidaurus ancient theatre
- Overnight in Nafplion
- Entrance fees
- Transport by luxury bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Hotel accomodation based on your choice (A class/T class)
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Gratuites (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveller the single supplement option has to be chosen.
- Please note that from 1/1/2018, a new hotel accommodation tax will be applied and paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels – 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels – 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels – 1.5 Euro per room/per night.