Don’t miss the opportunity during your stay in Athens to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries with this amazing full day rail tour! Countless panoramic images will remain forever in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
Catch the train of 7:20 a.m. to Kalambaka in the morning from the Athens Larissis Railway Station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arrive around 11:30 p.m. in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries.
Arriving in Kalambaka, our English speaking driver will be waiting you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For three hours you will have the time to explore at least two Monasteries. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
At the end of the day, our driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to scroll around . At 17:15 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 21:30 back to Athens.
- Discover the astonishing Meteora
- Visit the monasteries of Meteora
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Roundtrip rail tickets
- Round-trip shared transfer in Kalambaka
- English speaking driver
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees of the Monasteries
- Athens hotel pickup and drop-off
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- All the mentioned prices are per person.
- The train for Kalambaka departs from the Athens Larissis Railway station. You need to be at the rail station on your own the latest at 07:00 having your printed train tickets with you.
- To embark in the train and to enter to the Monasteries you must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate (14 days later than the 2nd doze), or a Rapid Antigenic test from a clinic within 48hours, or a PCR TEST within 72 hours, or a COVID-19 disease certificate
- Online reservations are accepted 48 hours prior to the tour. For reservations within 48 hours from the departure kindly contact directly our agency.
|TYPE||ECONOMY CLASS TRAIN||FIRST CLASS TRAIN|
|CHILD (4-12 years old)||80€||110€|
|INFANT (0-3 years old)||0€||0€|