Depart from our terminal for one day trip from Athens to Delphi to explore one of the most famous archaelogical sites of Greece. Along the way, you will see the plain of Beotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus.
You will continue your Delphi day tour towards Mt. Parnassos, making a short rest stop outside the town of Levadia.You will drive then to Delphi. known in ancient times as the navel of the world. Pass by Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with it’s spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. After lunch break, visit Athena Pronaia Sanctuary, the most photographed spot in Delphi. Return to Athens passing by the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, built on the south slopes of Parnassus, well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese (short photo stop).
- Castalia spring
- Guided tour of the Temple of Apollo and the world famous Oracle
- See the Athenian Treasure
- Guided tour of Delphi Museum
- Visit Athena Pronaia
- Optianal lunch in a traditional family owned restaurant
- Entrance fees
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Pick up service
- Services of a Professional and licensed guide
- Lunch in a Greek Restaurant
- All taxes
- Free WiFi on coaches
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Expect mostly warm weather in Greece during the day and cooler at night. For day trips, comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses, hat and loose fitted clothing are strongly recommended. The site of Delphi is perched on the side of a hill. All visitors are rewarded with a beautiful view over the site and the valley beyond. If you need additional information please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide to you in order to help you decide if this tour or activity is right for you.