Escape the modern world and take a two-day tour of the essential sites of classical Greece: Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplion and Olympia. You’ll visit famous archaeological sites and museums. You will experience the glory of classical Greece and will learn all about the Olympic games.
1st DAY: Depart from our terminal; for the CORINTH CANAL (short stop). Drive to EPIDAURUS and visit the ancient theatre. The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo’s son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world. Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics. Proceed to NAUPLIA (short stop) and through the plain of ARGOS arrive to MYCENAE. Visit the archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. In the afternoon depart for OLYMPIA, the birth place of the Olympic Games, passing by the cities of Tripolis and MEGALOPOLIS. Overnight stay in Olympia.
2nd DAY: Visit the archaeological site of OLYMPIA with the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic flame, the Stadium and the archaeological Museum with unique artifacts and the famous statue “Hermes” of Praxiteles and many other. Drive via Patras and see the famous Antirion Bridge which is considered to be the longest and most modern in Europe. Continue your route with your driver and arrive back to Athens in the late afternoon.
- Visit the birthplace of Olympic Games
- Visit Epidaurus & the ancient theatre
- Visit Mycenae & the Tomb of Agamemnon
- See the Corinth Canal
- Short stop at Nauplia
- Services of a Professional and Licensed guide
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Hotel accomodation in 3* or 4* hotel
- Entrance fees
- Breakfast and dinner
- Hotel pick up service
- All taxes
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Gratuites (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- The tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveller the single supplement option has to be chosen.
- Please note that from 1/1/2018, a new hotel accommodation tax will be applied and paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels – 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels – 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels – 1.5 Euro per room/per night.