A half day afternoon trip from Athens full of images. Begin your Sounio tour with a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada,Vouliagmeni, Varkiza). As you approach Cape Sounion, it rises like a sheer cliff out of the sea. At Cape Sounio where you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world(on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.
Land masses to the west stand out in sharp profile: the island of Aegina backed by the mountains of the Peloponnese. The beauty of the surviving Doric columns has inspired many poets, including Lord Byron who carved his name on one of the columns.
- Beautiful views of Saronic Gulf and its islands
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
- Vouliagmeni area
- Passing by Hellinikon Olympic complex
- Guided tour of Poseidon temple
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Transport by luxury bus
- Pick up service
- Professional and Lisensed guide
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- If you need additional information please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide to you in order to help you decide if this tour or activity is right for you.