Explore the glory of ancient Greece with this four day classical tour from Athens. With this unique tour visit and enjoy five UNESCO’S world heritage sites.
1st DAY: Depart from Athens for the Corinth canal (short stop). Drive to Epidaurus and visit the Ancient theatre, world famous for its outstanding acoustics. Proceed to Nauplia (short stop) and through the plain of Argos arrive to Myceane. Visit the archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. In the afternoon (optional stop for souvenirs) depart for Olympia, the birth place of the Olympic Games. Overnight stayOlympia.
2nd DAY: Visit the archaeological site with the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic flame, the Stadium and the archaeological Museum. Depart via PATRAS (short stop) to RION, cross the Corinthian bay by the bridge to ANTIRION. Pass by the city of Nafpakros and from there on, along the coastal road to Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. In the afternoon visit the picturesque mountain village of Arachova. Overnight stay in Delphi.
3rd DAY: Visit the archaeological site, and, the Museum of Delphi. Depart for Kalambaka via Central Greece (short stop by Lamia). Overnight stay in Kalambaka (a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks and crowned by the Meteora Monasteries).
4th DAY: Leave in the morning for nearby Meteora to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES. Return to Athens passing the heroic monument of Leonidas of Sparta at Thermopylae.
- Corinth canal
- Mycenae archaeological site
- Ancient theater of Epidaurus
- Olympia archaeological site & museum
- Delphi site & museum
- Meteora rocks with its spiritual monasteries
- Entrance fees
- Transport by luxury bus
- Hotel pick up service
- Services of a Professional and Licensed guide
- Breakfast and dinner at the hotel
- Hotel accomodation based on your choice (A class / T class)
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Gratuites (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts. Normally we are visiting Great Meteoro Monastey and St. Stefanos. Every Tue, we are visiting instead of Great Meteoro, Varlaam monastery.
- The tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveller the single supplement option has to be chosen.
- Please note that from 1/1/2018, a new hotel accommodation tax will be applied and paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels – 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels – 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels – 1.5 Euro per room/per night.