3 days / 2 nights package Naxos
The myths and stories surrounding the island’s past concerning Gods & other mythological creatures are not only numerous but represent “food” for the imagination of Naxian people and the island’s visitors. It is said that Zeus himself sent his son Dionysus to Naxos in order to be brought up by the Nymphs Filia, Kleidi & Koroni. Moreover, one of the tallest mountains in the Cyclades, mount Zas (Zeus) in Filoti, was named after the king of Gods. At the foot of the mountain is Mount Zas Cave, in which Dionysus was brought up.
Naxos capital town called Hora, is built amphitheatrically on the west side of the island and is one of the biggest ports of the Aegean Sea. Hora has numerous shops, bars, cafés and restaurants which attract the majority of locals & visitors. The emblem of Hora is the little island that extends from its coast, Palatia, with Portara, the remains of the ancient temple dedicated to god Apollo. Portara is a monument like a door standing alone without a wall attached at its sides. A visit to Portara is advisable, especially after your swim, right during sunset time.
Without a doubt, Naxos is one of the most favorite summer destinations due to its numberless beaches. Ideal for families, extreme sea sports’ fanatics, such as Agia Anna beach, or romantic couples looking for private beaches, the best beaches in Naxos are mostly gathered on its western side, right after Naxos Hora.
At a distance of about 30km from Hora, Apiranthos is called the “marble” village, due to its alleys paved with marble. A village with its own distinct folkways and dialect, it is best set apart by its residents’ inclination to arts & culture.
There is strong indication that Apiranthos has been inhabited since ancient times, a fact that contributes to its deep and outstanding tradition. Take a stroll through its fairytale alleys, have a Greek coffee in one of its traditional coffee housescalled kafeneia and make sure to try out the local products.
- Explore the island of Naxos at your leisure
- The hill with Portara
- Agios Georgios beach and Agia Anna
- Numerous villages with traditional homes
Arrive afternoon to Naxos and the rest of the day free at leisure to explore one ofe the most famous of the Cycladic Islands. Enjoy its rustic windmills, churches, whitewashed houses, beautiful beaches and the cosmopolitan nightlife.
The next morning is at your leisure to relax on amazing beaches or take an optional excursion to nearby villages.
The next day is free in order to enjoy the famous beaches of Naxos. In the afternoon transfer to the port for your trip back to Piraeus.
Your stay in Naxos is unescorted and gives you the freedom and flexibility to enjoy your time on the island at your own leisure.
|Period||Hotel||3days/2nightsprices from||single sup.+|
|OCT-APR||3* city or beach||240.00||150.00|
|4*city or beach||300.00||180.00|
|5* city or beach||500.00||350.00|
|MAY-JUN||3* city or beach||280.00||140.00|
|4* city or beach||350.00||200.00|
|5* city or beach||500.00||300.00|
|JUL-AUG-SEP||3* city or beach||330.00||180.00|
|4* city or beach||400.00||250.00|
|5* city or beach||600.00||350.00|
All prices are per person in double or triple rooms and include:
- Tickets by normal ferry
- Hotel Accommodation
- Transfers port/hotel/port
- Transfers from/to your hotel in Athens centre to Piraeus port
* speed ferry supplement + 30.00 EURO on economy class per person per way
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Drinks and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Reservations depend from the availability of the ferry tickets and the hotels on the island. Usually the hotel is located at Naxos town or to Agios Georgios beach.
- Reservations are accepted 48 hours prior to the tour.
- Pick up is available from Athens center hotels around 06:15.
- All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis.
- In case of one traveller the single supplement option has to be chosen.
- The boat trip with the normal ferry is 8 hours and with the fast ferry is around 5 hours.
- Please note that from 1/1/2018, a new hotel accommodation tax will be applied and paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels – 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels – 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels – 1.5 Euro per room/per night.