Explore with this PRIVATE one full day trip from Athens to Argolis the remains of the ancient city of Mycenae a major centre of Greek civilization from 1600BC to 1100BC and a world heritage monument. Depart from your hotel for one day tour via the coastal National highway for the Corinth canal (short stop).
After the Corinth Canal, you enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece.
Visit the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. You will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra’s, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure. Time will then be taken for a traditional Greek optional lunch at a nearby restaurant.
Before lunch an optional stop in a pottery factory. After lunch through ARGOS proceed to Nauplia the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress of PALAMIDI and the fortified islet of BOURTZI (short stop). Continue on to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theatre. The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo’s son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world.
Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics. The Argolis (Mycenae – Epidaurus) day tour returns to Athens in the late afternoon.
- Short stop at the Corinth Canal for photos
- Palace of Agamemnon in Mycenae
- Lion’s Gate
- Visit the tomb of Agamemnon
- Visit Nafplio the first capital of modern Greece
- Visit the ancient theatre of Epidaurus
- Transport by luxury A/C Mercedes mini van
- COVID free sanitized vehicles
- Pick up and drop off service
- Services of a Professional and licensed English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Entrance fees
- The private tour is operating from 2 people (adults) and more.
- Pick up around 08:00 / return around 18:00
- English or French speaking guide at your disposal for an extra cost of 130€ (kindly inform us if you wish to have guide in another language).